Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Have you had the baby yet?

A common complaint from women nearing their due date is not necessarily back pain or bad sleep, but inquiries from everyone regarding whether the baby has arrived, is about to arrive or do you know when it's going to arrive? I know where these well-meaning questions are coming from. When a good friend was pregnant a year ago, it took all my self-restraint not to ask about an impending arrival date. Instead I finally sent her a short e-mail to ask her how she was doing.

Oliver arrived just early enough that I don't think the nearness of my due date was really on anyone's radar (even my own). But with less than two weeks to go in this pregnancy, the questioning has started. The most inquiries are surprisingly coming from my husband, who checks in daily with a call or text from work to ask if I'm in labor. Apparently work has been a little slow, so now would be a good time for him to have a baby. I promised him that when I go into labor, he'll be the first to know.

For everyone else who comes asking, the answer can be found on this website: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment