Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First haircut

I wonder if the hair stylists at those kids haircut places train by cutting wigs sitting on mechanical bulls. Because that might have been easier than the screaming, thrashing toddler the stylist at a local kids salon encountered today.

Actually, I totally expected Oliver not to like having his haircut. So although I'm sure the other parents looked over at me horrified that I had my kid in a headlock, at least the stylist could (semi) safely trim around his ears and not stab him in his neck with the scissors. When a second stylist came over to assist with distracting Oliver, I asked her if she could imagine what it was like trying to do something that actually caused pain, like drawing blood. She never let up with her cheerful banter and assured me this was a typical reaction for a two-year-old.

Luckily, Oliver didn't have much that needed trimming, so the whole ordeal couldn't have lasted longer than four minutes, including the "consultation." I think I'm just happy that Oliver finally just had enough hair to cut, and now he's got a cleaned up look for all those pictures he'll end up in with his new sibling.

No comments:

Post a Comment