Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas carols

I can't sing, can't read music, never can remember more than the first line of a song and don't even really have much interest in music, let alone singing.  I'm often embarrassed to sing in groups, lest I annoy the person next to me by singing so horribly out of key.  Heck, I'm self-conscious about singing in front of my own kids.  But the nostalgia of Christmas carols is too strong to stop me from wanting to sing along.

So I actually enjoyed myself when I attended a "Carols and Cocoa" party friends hosted.  I couldn't have found a more wholesome Advent season gathering.  In an era of over-scheduled calendars and music on demand, how many of us have the opportunity to sit around the piano with our kids and friends, mugs of cocoa in hand, and sing Christmas carols? 

They even provided a packets with the lyrics for those of us who don't know the words past Fa la la la la, la la la la.

No comments:

Post a Comment