Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Book on Every Bed

The "A Book on Every Bed" campaign is simple.  Place a book on your kid's bed on Christmas morning (or whatever holiday you celebrate) and spread the love of reading.  The campaign's goal is to put a million books on a million beds because, alarmingly, significantly less than half of kids in the U.S. have books in their homes and/or have parents who read to them regularly. 

Oliver and Soren are lucky, because they will never be lacking books since I think kids can never have enough of them.  (Even if they just want to read the same few over and over again.)  If relatives or friends want to spoil them, then spoil them with books.

I happened to read about "A Book on Every Bed" shortly before I took the kids to story time at our favorite kids bookstore.  They get books from Mom and Dad every birthday and Christmas, so I decided that in the spirit of the campaign, I'd make sure two more books are added to the tally.  We'll see what books await Soren and Oliver at the foot of their crib or bed this Christmas morning.

1 comment:

  1. Love it... although we're not lacking on books either, I made sure Allie is getting plenty more this Christmas. Maybe this is partly selfish reasons though because I do get kind of sick of reading the same books over and over and over again, haha! In the age of extreme technology though, I can totally see how kids don't get read to very often, but it's sad.

    ReplyDelete