Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 - a year in Facebook status updates

January 7
Thank you for the thoughtful birthday wishes. Whether writing from across town, across the pond or the bottom of the world, it was wonderful to hear from you all!

January 8
Looking for vacation suggestions! Somewhere warmer than Minnesota (in March), direct flight from MSP and with either cultural and/or outdoor opportunities. Oh, and we'll have an 18-month-old with us. Where's your favorite place to visit?

February 19
In light of the protests in Wisconsin, I was reminded of this Onion article from last year bringing to light the increasingly hard work teachers face. Increasing Number Of Parents Opting To Have Children School-Homed
WASHINGTON—Thousands of mothers and fathers polled as part of the report believe that those running American homes, such as themselves, cannot be trusted to keep their kids safe. "Simply put, it's not the job of parents to raise these kids," said one parent.

March 16
JT Haines is running. Former policy director for John Marty, believer in universal health care (organizer for PassMHP), lawyer, film producer, swell guy, and Hansa teammate. In no particular order, of course. Election primary: March 29th!!  Seven candidates file to replace MN Sen. Ellen Anderson

March 19
Made it to Santa Fe!

March 21
Had my first biscochito, the New Mexico state cookie...why doesn't Minnesota have a state cookie?

April 30
I couldn't resist posting this in honor of any of my friends who take on the full-time, stay-at-home parenting job. What Did You Do All Day?

May 30
Suggestions on how to recycle old textbooks and paperbacks? We've donated what we could, but the rest is so outdated and we're not sure what to do with it.

June 17
About to hit the road bound for Duluth and the start of a Grandma's Marathon-filled weekend.

June 28
Arrived at 6:15 a.m. to return the rental car...the guy checking cars in saw I had a young kid and told me to not worry about unloading my bags because he'd have someone drive me in the car directly to the terminal...it was the nicest gesture I've experienced this whole pregnancy....then I threw up on the plane.

July 11
Anyone have a recommendation for an electrician in the St. Paul area? We're trying to get quotes as we march ahead with our basement renovation.

July 14
Chris is home from Dallas for good - no more business travel! Cue the Hallelujah Chorus.

July 17
Still so proud of U.S. women's soccer!

July 30
Good deed for the day: donated a bookshelf to a garage sale to benefit a bunch of Great Danes instead of selling it on Craig's List (original plan).

August 5
Found a permanent sitter to help keep our household afloat when Chris goes back to school and the new baby arrives. What a relief!

August 24
St. Paul ECFE families...anyone else in the Tuesday morning B-3 class at Monroe?

September 29
Oliver turns two today! And he's not going to have to share his birthday with his new sibling afterall.

October 11
Chris and I welcomed the arrival of Soren on October 11 at 12:16 a.m. in St. Paul, Minnesota. Everyone is recovering well from a long delivery and Oliver is excited to meet his new little brother.

October 19

October 23
With Oliver at Grandma and Grandpa's, Chris gets to yell at the TV while watching the Vikings, like in the good old days, pre-kids.


October 27
I know someone is definitely not a parent when he or she asks if my barely-three-week-old son is sleeping through the night yet. My response, do I look like he's sleeping through the night?

November 5
Chris gets four bars of reception on his cell phone in his deer stand in northern Minnesota. I can't even get that on my phone in my own home and have never gotten reception at the cabin. I guess I know where I'll need to go to make a phone call at the cabin next summer.

November 5
Anyone good at Blogger layout who could help me figure out how to make a few design changes?

November 8
I voted. Polls open until 8 p.m.

November 12
Pro multi-tasker - get the baby to nap and rake the leaves.



November 14
No mere babes in the woods

November 23
Had one of those dreams last night where I was relieved to wake up and confirm it had been just a dream. So my dad didn't really get me a puppy and a convertible for Christmas/my birthday. Generous gifts...just not practical for a mom of young kids living in Minnesota.
November 24
You know you're in Minnesota when your six-week-old son gets his first gun in preparation for deer hunting.
 
 
November 25
Took Oliver to visit a family member's farm...got bitten by a 300+ pound pig and then declined the opportunity to get in the pen with the cows, because it was too mucky...that was before I even saw the bull in there...Maybe I'm not cut out for farm life afterall.

November 30
Two Lesbians Raised A Baby And This Is What They Got

December 18
Made a lasagna tonight. I realized how easy making just one pan is now that I've grown used to making nine pans for my meal exchange.

December 22
Gay community apologizes to Amy Koch for ruining her marriage
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment