Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This baby has an eviction date

My 32-week ultrasound appointment was routine and quick. Just one of those, how are you feeling, let's listen to the baby's heartbeat kind of appointments. I told my doctor I decided I'm going for a TOLAC, (trial of labor after cesarean) because I can't sign myself up for surgery with the thought that I have the chance for a successful vaginal delivery. I found myself so miserable during the recovery from my c-section with Oliver that I still can't believe that planned c-sections are usually easier, despite what friends who've had repeat c-sections have assured me.

My doctor remains in full support of letting me go into labor and seeing what happens, but because she wouldn't recommend an induction in my case, says a c-section will be necessary if labor doesn't start on its own. She recommended scheduling a c-section right before my 42nd week (two weeks past my due date), just so I have the date and time I want on the calendar. If I want my OB to perform the c-section, I had a choice between a Tuesday or a Friday, so I decided on the last Friday before my 42nd week, October 14. This date is special for me because it was Oliver's due date.

But like Oliver, my OB's guess is that baby #2 will come early as well, so putting a c-section on the calendar is merely scheduling an eviction notice, should I get to that point.

2 comments:

  1. agh, you must be going crazy! Thats a month after my due date and I feel like I can hardly take it anymore. I'm just hoping this baby will show up early instead of late, like Owen did. I'm shooting for a healthy and mature 38 week old baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I am going crazy! There's no way I want to go to 42 weeks. (Although, I joked with my doctor that I could use the extra time because we have A LOT to do still.) Oliver surprised me by showing up early, (just shy of 38 weeks) but if this baby doesn't come early, I'll probably end up frustrated.

    ReplyDelete