Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Monday, August 22, 2011

Maternity photos

Maternity photographs are not for me. Some women take photographs of themselves weekly throughout pregnancy and others post "belly pics" on Facebook. And there's a niche in the photography business for maternity photos. No matter how many people will try to tell me how beautiful pregnancy is, gaining tons of weight, losing seemingly all muscle tone and wearing ill-fitting maternity clothes is not the time I care to be photographed, especially to pay to be photographed.

If I've ever felt guilty about thinking a maternity photo session would be cheesy or awkward for me, this blog entry on Awkward Maternity Photos
let me put any regrets to rest. And gave me a really good laugh!

Ultimately, I've felt compelled during both pregnancies to have the standard sideways-pose-showcasing-protruding-stomach shots to be taken. I doubt I'll look back at them with any overwhelming sentimentality, (Awww....look how big I was. I miss those days.) but, hey, I have them. And they're tasteful enough that I'm hoping my kids won't someday upload them to a site like awkwardfamilyphotos.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment