Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Friday, December 25, 2015

Thankful This Christmas

Last Christmas, this was our family:
One year later, this is our family:
Ten months home, we're coming to the end of our year of firsts, but Christmas was one of the most special.  On Christmas Eve we sang Christmas carols and lit the candles on the Advent wreath, and an intense feeling of thankfulness filled my heart.  These two almost weren't my children, but are, and forever are.  A year ago I had longed so intensely for them and on Christmas Eve this year I had Matteo seated on my lap and Kiera snuggled up next to me. Gathered around the Advent wreath were brothers and parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends and cousins, all who loved and adored them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment