Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Monday, April 7, 2014

Little Boys Who Make Their Mothers Proud

Chris's mom, my grandmother and I all have a common bond - we're the moms of boys.  It's often that I look at Oliver and Soren and wonder if this is what Chris and his brother of my dad and my uncle were like at the same age.  And I try to imagine my mother-in-law and my grandmother, both the calm, sweet, and everything-is-always-under-control types as young mothers and wonder if they really could have felt as unprepared and ill-suited for parenting as some days leave me feeling.  And when I look at my husband, he reminds me that as crazy, silly and energetic as my little boys are, they will grow up to be men someday, just like their dad. 

Chris's mom sent me an e-mail the other day that assured me that what I consider to be unbelievable will happen - my boys will grow up.  She was responding to my recent Oliver update to tell me how much he reminds her so much of Chris when he was Oliver's age.  
I’ve been there with the food obsessions, the whining (remind me to tell you about the Bakers Square whine), and the lack of height.  Rest assured, the short and whining little boys with food issues grow up to be wonderful men and fathers who make their moms PROUD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment