Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Flowers

Saint Patrick's Day is as special to me as my anniversary, because without St. Patrick's Day, there would be no wedding anniversary.  Chris and I met eight years ago today and I don't take for granted how lucky I am that I met him that night.  I'm in awe of how a night out with friends to celebrate St. Patrick's Day could turn into love I thought I might never find and create the family I'm so thankful for today. 

What also made today so sweet is that I got to see Chris's sentimental side.  I'm by far the more emotional and sentimental one in the pair, so just when I wonder if I'm crazy for being so nostalgic about the anniversary of "the day we met," a bouquet of flowers shows up at my office.  A bouquet with dyed-green carnations and an accompanying dyed-green carnation boutonniere, because, it's St. Patrick's Day after all.  Attached was a heart-felt note saying how glad he is he met me eight year ago and how he looks forward to more of the best years of his life. 

1 comment: