Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dossier Authentication Update

Our dossier is at the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. waiting authentication and translation.  Our agency has nothing beyond that to tell us and considers no news, good news. 

Every adoption agency appears to approach the dossier process a little differently.  With our agency, we mail the dossier to them and somehow, they are permitted to submit the dossier directly to the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. for authentication.  Without this expedited step, Chris and I would have had to courier most of our dossier to the Chinese consulate in Chicago (which handles authentications from documents state sealed in Minnesota) and my birth certificate to the consulate in New York.  Instead, once the authentication is complete, the consulate will mail the dossier back to our agency, who will upload it into the CCCWA's system, and then mail the hard copy to China.  I'm so relieved to not be responsible for the dossier anymore!  After months of managing paperwork, it's officially out of my hands.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirsten. I am so happy to have found your blog and I am so excited to follow your journey. You may or may not remember that several months ago you commented on my blog when we were in China meeting our new daughter. Tonight, I was feeling nostalgic for China and was re-reading some of my old blog posts (btw, when it is all said and done and your child is home in your arms you will be very grateful you documented the journey) and FINALLY really getting a chance to read through the comments. Anyway, I read yours and wanted to hop on over to your blog. Congrats on being a step closer to your child. I have read a few of your adoption posts but look forward to reading more of your blog and getting to know your family. Good luck and if there are ever any questions I can answer please feel free to contact me. It is the most AMAZING journey you are on. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see who your child will be!

    ReplyDelete