Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Baby-Toothed Smile

At age six and a half, Oliver still hasn't lost any of his baby teeth.  I'm not entirely surprised given that his teeth were late to come in. On his first birthday, he had half a tooth. I don't know when I got my first tooth, but I did lose my first tooth quite late, so perhaps Oliver is going to take after me.

I love Oliver's smile and it recently dawned on me that my time with this beautiful smile of his is running out. I know he can't keep those baby teeth forever, but oddly, I'm quite attached to them. I remember when he started getting teeth and how I mourned his toothless grin. Losing those same teeth is another reminder that he's growing up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment