Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Friday, June 7, 2013

Peaceful Sleep

I headed upstairs last night to get ready for bed and I noticed Soren's door ajar.  We had transitioned Soren from his crib to a mattress on the floor this past weekend and I'm still adjusting to the reality that he is no longer safely contained in his crib.  I panicked when I didn't see Soren in his bed, even though he couldn't have gone far given that I had been planted on the living room couch at the foot of the stairs ever since I put the kids to bed at 7:00 p.m.  I hadn't heard a peep from him and assumed he had gone straight to sleep, or so I thought. 
 
I honestly was just about to run through the house in a frenzied search for my missing baby when I poked my head in Oliver's room and found this peaceful sight. 


 

Soren was curled up in Oliver's bed sound asleep.  Since I never heard any commotion from Oliver's room, I'm not sure Oliver even knew Soren was there.  At some point, Soren must have woken up and decided to go find Oliver.  Perhaps he wanted to play with his big brother or when he found him asleep, gave up and decided Oliver's bed looked just as comfortable as his own.  Soren adores his big brother and I guess it shouldn't be surprising that his first inclination when waking up in the middle of the night was to go find him. 

I find watching my children sleep one of the most peaceful moments in the world, but seeing them curled up in the same bed made me fill up with an extra sense of love.  I kissed both of them and stroked their heads and arms and wanted to snuggle up with them, but feared waking them.  After a final round of kisses and gentle snuggles, I pulled myself away and fell fast asleep in my own bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Way too cute!!! I love my grandsons and their adorable Mother who makes her in-laws feel so proud of their son's choice in a spouse. She is a keeper!!! We are all so lucky to have Kirsten in our lives.

    Love from Dan and Nan

    ReplyDelete