Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Boxes

I already have two boxes of size newborn and 0-3 month clothes Soren has outgrown that are ready to be resealed and find their place back on the storage shelves in the basement. As Oliver grew out of each size of clothing, I'd sort and pack away the clothes and miscellaneous baby gear in clearly labeled boxes and haul them to the basement.  I know it's a cliche, but it feels like yesterday that I was doing this and now I'm already packing away outgrown clothes for another baby.   

Just like I felt over the past two plus years when I looked at the storage racks full of boxes, I'll most likely feel silly for out much space we're devoting to storing outgrown baby stuff. Because they're waiting for a baby we think we'd like to have someday, but can never guarantee.  Life is unpredictable and desires for "one more" can fade over time.  But at this point, Chris and I know we want a third, so back on the basement shelves will go the boxes of what was once just Oliver's stuff, but is now Oliver/Soren's stuff, and will one day be Oliver/Soren/future baby's stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment