Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Another Step Closer to Paid Parental Leave

My union has been working with the governor the past couple of months on the issue of paid parental leave, but I have not been nearly as involved as I would have liked because, of well, children. My theory is that parenting issues never gain traction in our country because the very people you need out there advocating for what they need - parents - are too busy trying to raise their children.  So it was with delight and relief that, while busy out on leave with one of my children, I opened the newspaper to see that paid parental leave is gaining traction in Minnesota, at least for state employees. 

Mark Dayton proposes paid parental leave for all state employees

Whoever out there is advocating on behalf of us tired parents and parents-to-be, thank you.  Reading this article gave me hope for the first time that paid parental leave might become a reality in Minnesota. 

No comments:

Post a Comment