Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Friday, September 12, 2014

Renovation Update and a Birthday Shout-Out

This is a renovation update and birthday shout-out all rolled up in one.  My dear husband turns 32 today.  And he'll probably spend it working on the house.  As we push into week 10 of our house renovation, I'm reminded how lucky I am to have married a guy with construction skills and a drive to put in the work.  To cut down renovation costs, Chris has tackled some of the work on his own.  Like ripping down all the siding on our two-story house. 

The job was harder than it sounds because we discovered the original wood siding underneath the metal siding.  The newer siding came off reasonably easily, but they then had to go back and pull out every single nail.  And once the siding was down, they had to haul it to the dumpster in our backyard.  It took Chris, and my equally hard-working brother-in-law and father-in-law an entire dirty and sweaty weekend to finish the job. Well, everything except the very, very top.  As much as I admire Chris for his fearlessness to climb this ladder to pull the siding down, I admire him more for accepting they've climbed as high as they safely could.

For Chris's 33rd year of life, I'm tempted to wish him the completion of all house projects because he's worked so hard.  But that's not Chris.  He's the type of guy who's always gotta have a project.  So instead I'll say that I hope his 33rd year is blessed with a (small) project (or two).  Or at least one that doesn't have him hanging from a ladder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment