Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Monday, February 24, 2014

No Match Tonight

I am disappointed.  I can't hide that.  As long as there was the possibility we would be matched tonight, however slim, I had my hopes. Referral night is like waiting to take a pregnancy test and wishing for that second line to appear.  Instead, I constantly refreshed my e-mail.  No news was good news, as our agency calls us first if we are matched.  When an e-mail from Bethany appeared, the news was unmistakeable though.  The subject line read, "no match tonight."

With no referral, all we can do is look ahead to next month.  As difficult as I find it to trust our child is out there and we will be matched with each other when the timing is right, all I have left is hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment