Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Oliver's Hiding Spot

We've been slowly weaning Oliver from his pacifier and now he only uses it at bedtime.  Although he's been napping without a pacifier for months now, every now and then he'll still ask for it, as if we'd possibly forgotten, or even throws a fit about having to nap without it.  One time I left him in his room, where he spent at least 20 minutes screaming until he was suddenly quiet.  I thought I'd had "won" by showing him that when I say it's time to nap and no pacifier, I mean it.  When I heard him stirring two hours later and went to get him up, I was surprised to see him curled up in his bed innocently sucking on his pacifier.  I was sure I had put his pacifier on the top of his bookcase like I do every morning, or had I?  Two more times I discovered him napping with a contraband pacifier and never figured out where he'd gotten them.

That is until tonight when we couldn't find a single pacifier at Oliver's bedtime and after an extensive search, Chris, by chance, decided to look in Oliver's closet and found two pacifiers squirreled away.  Oliver does like to hide things, so it's possible he had simply been playing hide and seek, or is he old enough to be so clever to plan ahead and stash some pacifiers in his closet so he can sneak them out at nap time? 

Kids are known for hiding a lot of things from their parents, and, well, a beloved pacifier is about as inonnocent as it gets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment