Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Monday, February 23, 2009

Pregtastic

I came home last night and found Chris lying on the couch with his laptop and listening to a podcast on Pregtastic: http://www.pregtastic.com/ The scene from Knocked Up when Alison was astonished that Ben had read the baby books flashed through my head. I haven't actually been nagging Chris yet about reading anything, but Chris jokes that after giving me an iPod for Christmas, he's been getting podcast homework assignments. I have gotten addicted to podcasts, and after finding out I was pregnant, I stumbled upon Pregtastic on iTunes. Suddenly time spent on the elipitical at the gym has become not only bearable, but productive as I'm getting exercise and receiving a crash course in everything there is to know about pregnancy. The shows begin with an update from a volunteer panel of women about how their pregnancies are going and then includes guest speakers on a variety of topics, like eating healthfully during your pregnancy, elective c-sections, and a dad who filmed a documentary called Being Dad. (The podcast Chris was listening to.) I find the women's stories (sometimes dads-to-be contribute too) comforting, because it's true that everyone's experience is so different. And they're all learning as they go too. If the show weren't produced in San Diego, I would have signed myself up to try to actually be on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment