Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Kiera, Matteo, Oliver and Soren

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sleeping Positions

I check on my kids before I go to bed because I need to calm my irrational fears and see with my own eyes that they're okay.  It's also a special time of day because no matter how much noise they had created in the hours leading up to bedtime, there's nothing more charming and heart-warming (and quieter!) than observing my kids during the only time of the day they ever sit still. 
 
With Soren, I get an extra treat when I poke my head in his room.  I get to see in what crazy position he's managed to fall asleep!
 
Sometimes he's actually in his bed...

 

Sometimes he just uses his mattress as a pillow...

Other times he plays so hard after lights out that he doesn't even make it back into bed.  Trust me, when we put him to bed, he's tucked in all snug as a bug and then this is how we find him. 
I've even seen Soren fast asleep with his little bottom propped up in the air.  I have no idea how babies manage to sleep like that, but he looked otherwise comfortable, so he clearly made it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment